The village of Bepton
Bepton is a village and civil parish in the Chichester district of West Sussex, England. According to the 2001 census it had 104 households with a population of 249 of whom 117 were economically active. The village is about three miles (5 km) south-west of Midhurst.
In 1086 Bepton was recorded in the Domesday Book as being called Babintone, held of Earl Roger by Geoffery. In 1931 its population was recorded as 292. In 1953 as a parish of 1,910 acres (7.7 km2).
Here are some useful links about Bepton: